Monday, April 13, 2015

Voices of Istanbul

The other night I was invited by the Turkish Ambassador to UNESCO, Huseyin Avni Botsah, to a concert and reception in Paris celebrating the 70th anniversary of the founding of UNESCO and the 30th anniversary of Istanbul's being named a world heritage site.








The concert was lively with classical and contemporary music and dancing onstage. I met the mayor of Istanbul, Kadir Topbas and Mr. Botsah, himself assured me the traveling to Turkey, including Istanbul, is very safe, if you avoid the Syrian border and Istanbul during the Turkish elections.  I enjoyed many mezes(both meat and vegetable), kebabs, dolmas(stuffed grape leaves) and baklava at the reception. YUM!



So, come with me and Chef Reine Sammut (http://deliciousconnections.com/sailing-in-the-turkish-isles/) to the Turquoise Coast for a week of exploring, shopping, cooking and eating delicious turkish delicacies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment